Back to Products
Product Name:Field Scale Male/Female Tassel Count
DescriptionField Scale Male/Female Tassel Count provides tassel count at representative locations across a field. This product independently quantifies metrics across male and female row planting pattern. This product utilizes high-resolution RGB imagery captured at sampled locations across a field to deliver a Spot Scout layer. Specific deliverables for this product are crop dependent.
Recommended Use Cases
- Plant Population
- Plant Growth
- Growth Stage
- Yield Potential
- Crop Damage
- Field Purity
- Area of Interest Variability
- Detasseling Inspection
- Spot Scout Male/Female Tassel Count
- Requires FieldAgent Enterprise License (61006-##) or Enterprise Analytics Upload/Export Surcharge (71010-09)
- Requires Field Scale Project Setup (71300-00)
- Imagery collected following all "Data Capture Requirements"
- All "Image Capture Limits" met
- Imagery uploaded to the FieldAgent Field created by Field Scale Project Setup (71300-00)
- Order Analytics submitted for Male Female Tassel Count for uploaded Survey
- Planting information provided: Seeding Rate (Male and Female), Row Spacing (Female-Female, Male-Male, and Female-Male), and Planting Pattern (Male to Female)
Data Capture Requirements
Ground Sample Distance
- Less than 0.2cm
Image Capture Limits
- Up to 50 image(s) per field. Datasets containing more photos than the fulfillment limit may either be processed using a subset of captured images or processed in full for an additional fee.
Recommended Sampling Rates
- 1 image per 2.5 acre(s) (1 image per 1 hectare(s))
- Fields larger than 125 acres (50 hectares) sampled with decreased density
- Fields smaller than 125 acres (50 hectares) sampled with increased density
Timing by Crop
|Crop||Timing/Growth Stage||Plant Size|
|Sensor||Altitude||Speed||Overlap||Flight Direction||Buffer||Heading||Gimbal Pitch||Terrain Informed|
|Double 4K (Analytics)†||100ft (30m)||15mph (7ms)||-250%||In line with rows||-100ft (-30m)||Auto||-90° (Nadir)||On|
|65R||100ft (30m)||15mph (7ms)||-450%||In line with rows||-100ft (-30m)||Auto||-90° (Nadir)||On|
LightingImagery should be captured between the time of 2 hours after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset. Consistent lighting conditions required for best results, including avoidance of hard shadows cast over the field which cause bright spots and dark spots in the dataset.
WindWind conditions should be within the specified limits of the aircraft or system being used to carry the imaging sensor.
PrecipitationThere should be no active precipitation during imagery capture.
|Spot Scout Male/Female Tassel Count (84002-01)|
Spot Scout Male/Female Tassel Count (84002-01)
DescriptionProvides tassel count measurement. When applicable, metrics are individually provided for male and female rows.
|Male Female Tassel Count||Shapefile, GeoJSON, CSV||Summary statistics for representative field locations|
Male Female Tassel Count
|Attribute||Description||Units Metric||Units Imperial|
|Female Tassel Count||Tassel count of the image measured in tassels per acre/hectare||count per ha||count per acre|
|Male Tassel Count||Tassel count of the image measured in tassels per acre/hectare||count per ha||count per acre|
|Female Tassels Percent||Percent of tassels in the image that are female tassels||percent||percent|
|Male Tassel Percent||Percent of tassels in the image that are male tassels||percent||percent|